USSVI Thresher Base
What We Do
Thresher Base holds six regular meetings per year on the third Saturday of the months of January, March, May, July, September & November. The July meeting features the annual Holland Club Induction Ceremony & lobster fest. The September meeting supports Albacore Park's Maritime History Day. Thresher Base hosts the Annual USS Thresher Memorial Service, held on the Saturday closest to April 10, the Memorial Day service at Albacore Park and a Wreaths Across America ceremony at Albacore Park the 3rd Saturday in December.
Thresher Base supports USSVI's charter by:
- Hosting of the Annual USS Thresher Memorial Services which serves to perpetuate the SUBSAFE legacy of the men lost aboard USS Thresher.
- Supporting and promoting the USS Thresher family and former crew members.
- Promoting the mission of the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
- Supporting the crew members on the boats stationed at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
- Supporting the mission of the USS Albacore Submarine Museum & the parent non-profit, the Portsmouth Submarine Memorial Association.
- Supporting the Portsmouth Council of the United States Navy League including the associated Sea Cadets.
- Supporting the activities of our two nearest USSVI Bases, USS Maine Base & Marblehead Base.
- Supporting the Pease Greeters who welcome the Armed Forces members who pass through Pease International Airport on their way to or from Afghanistan, Iraq or any other area of conflict.
- Supporting Eagle Scout Courts of Honor
- Conducting Eternal Patrol Ceremonies for our members who have departed on "Eternal Patrol".
Our members are passionate about their service aboard Submarines, and eager to educate and serve their community.
Check out our Flickr Photo Album collection for images of our members in action at numerous events. Connect to our Facebook page to receive event updates.